|Movement Against Xenophobia|
Intolerance and racism have returned, promoted by Government that are souring social relations between communities. The mood is distinctly febrile, hostile and worryingly will I believe get worse in the run up to the 2015 general election.
|Citizenship rights denied by racism|
Coalition of Bigotry and Prejudice
Family Reunion; A right not a privilege.
|Bringing Britain into disrepute|
New powers to check driving licence applicants' immigration status
- Cut the number of deportation decisions that can be appealed against from 17 to four
- Restrict the ability of immigration detainees to apply repeatedly for bail if they have previously been refused it
- Make it easier for the Home Office to recover unpaid civil penalties
- Clamp down on people who try to gain an immigration advantage by entering into a "sham" marriage or civil partnership
- Require banks to check against a database of known immigration offenders before opening bank accounts
Trade unions, refugee and migrant groups , black community organisations, faith and religious groups, community organisations will need to unify in opposing legislation that will ramp up racism.