Saturday 8 June 2019

Arise Sir Simon Woolley

I cannot express how delighted I am that my dear brother, and someone who I had the honour of recruiting into the struggle, Obv Simon Woolley has distinguished himself by remaining true to his principles and creating one of the most well-known and now best known institutions in our community OBV

To see him and his family recognised and to see his family provided with such a wonderful legacy brings joy to my heart. It is rare that we see real people being awarded these honours on this occasion I couldn't agree more with the decision of the Queen to recognise someone I've worked with, and come to admire over 30 years.

Well done Sir Simon Wooley I am inordinately proud of your achievements. Much love and respect....and for this you get a right royal. Lee Jasper, Kingly five star #BlackSalute ♥🖤💚
Cue Jamaican Air Horns and Confetti 💥💫 Brap brap !

https://www.obv.org.uk/news-blogs/race-and-equalities-activist-simon-woolley-be-knighted-queen?fbclid=IwAR2CS0z_Lmj1v-rekXH6QBqVf_5DMWJ5FGCifxxaPYv0eBbG9_kVXfdfIjI